Monday, September 22, 2008

St Mary's Road precinct sign

Spotted this sign on St Mary's Road in Ponsonby today. I had a bit of a hand in it, providing the research that went toward the write ups regarding the Leys Institute and gymnasium, the old Ponsonby fire station building (the sign is in the council reserve next to the station building, now a restaurant), and the Ponsonby Post Office building, also a restaurant.

So, to date, I know of three signs (two in Avondale, and now this one) where stuff I've researched either on commission or as part of the Avondale-Waterview Historical Society has been included.

My name's not on any of them, but I don't mind. It's almost like knowing that, in some way, I played a part in changing the landscape of my city. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment