Friday, November 7, 2008

House and horses photo

Those who know me, know that I have a weird quirk in addition to my other weird quirks which breaks out from time to time when I visit markets -- I see old anonymous, often subject unknown photos and buy them. At times, when I see ones that can be identified and are of real historic merit, I give them to Special Collections for their archives in the Auckland City Library. That way, I know they're in safe keeping, and others can see them. I found, one time, an image which appeared to show a scene from the Gallipoli campaign, World War I. That went straight to Special Collections, same day I bought it.

Anyway -- there are others which I have no idea where they cane from, but they are very cool images. Such as the one above. Three horses in motion on a field, a spectacular house beyond, and a big hill. I'd love to know where this might have been, but I doubt I'll ever find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment