Friday, November 7, 2008

Old photos (Part 3)



On the back: "Joyce and Ernie, November 1942."



On the back: "To Mrs and Mr King from Rachel". Saxony Studios isn't included on the ACL database.



This is from an old postcard -- unfortunately, it was apparently never used, as nothing is written on the back to tell us what this gathering was all about.



This photo is another I find intriguing. The photographer was NZ Photo Co. of Wellington (no info on ACL database). So ... what was this chap doing? Where was he? What's he looking at?



Just a glimpse of the lady in the greenhouse. No information on the back, unfortunately -- but whoever she was, she had a green thumb.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE old photos! Especially those of people I don't know, they seem to make me imagine what their lives were like when they were alive. Where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Cool! Another old photo fan. Yes, I agree -- I do wonder what the lives of these people was like, what stories lie behind the images. Tantalising stuff.

    All of the ones in this three-part series came from Blockhouse Bay, when the historical society there were having a fundraising sale at a Christmas festival day, I think a couple of years ago. I found a cane basket holding a small heap of photos. These were the ones I'd picked out.

    ReplyDelete