Monday, January 12, 2009

Avondale railway update

This photo was taken on 8 January -- Crayford Street railway station site (well, later this year, it will be.



And here, from today (and from the overhead railway bridge at Blockhouse Bay Road) -- the rails are coming back!



There are lots of folks taking photos of all this going on. I spoke to a gentleman on the bridge today (fellow Railway Enthusiasts member) who said he had shots of this, and work that was done at Kingsland. Have to confess, I have some shots of the Kingsland station work too, dating back a few years, now. These days, though -- I share my photos with those of you who happen across this blog -- but I do intend to package what I have up and give it as digital files to Special Collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment