Monday, November 8, 2010

Corban Mausoleum, Waikumete


It is little wonder that this has been photographed so often by visitors to the cemetery: it is a beautiful design. Hopefully, I'll be able to provide an update at some point once I find out the designer's name (I've asked West Auckland Historical Society what they know).

Update 31 March 2014: Thanks to Robin Wainwright at the Timespanner page on Facebook for the info, it turns out that the mausoleum was built in 1942, designed by Lewis Walker & Associates, Architects.



2 comments:

  1. I loved that one also!

    Did you se the Nobilo one? Reminds me of a game board. http://www.flickr.com/photos/porkynz/2517419261/in/set-72157611277877609/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Sandy. They missed that one on their tour! Gorgeous design, that Nobilo one. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete