Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spotting Simon's Cat on Mt Albert Road

Not a heritage post, this ...

Yesterday, with a full day of public travel across the isthmus ahead of me, very little sleep the night before for various reasons, and while in a bus in a slow-traffic queue on Mt Albert Road, I spotted something which made me laugh out loud, and probably add to my fellow passengers' opinion of me as a Very Strange Person. It did brighten my day, though.

The view from the bus of the back of a Jeep:


A close up:


The character is Simon's Cat, part of a long-running series online and in books. The original drawing has the cat pointing towards the bowl his owner Simon is supposed to fill on demand -- that he is instead pointing to the fuel cap with his usual demanding expression just gave me the chuckles.

7 comments:

  1. Never heard of Simon's Cat, but it is clever work by the car owner. Ok, I just watched on short video. Simple and amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LOVE IT! Simon's Cat is one of my absolute loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine too. Still makes me chuckle ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the more appropriate as the Jeep Wrangler has one of the highest of around-town fuel consumptions, short of a V8 supercar! Its tank always needs feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil! So -- funny, and an accurate description of the state of affairs, all in one. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete